Members of the Psychology Students’ Association have formed a reading group starting in the Winter 2021 semester. Aimed at building skills in engaging with research and providing opportunities for students to find new areas of interest in psychology, this group offers bi-weekly, casual meetings.
Mission: To facilitate undergraduate student engagement with scientific literature.
General Meeting Structure: 10-15 minute overview of a research paper followed by open discussion.
Benefits of joining a meeting:
- Get more comfortable reading and talking about research with peers
- Network with your student community and meet new people
- Finding new areas of interest and learn what others are interested in and passionate about
- Develop your own presentation skills
- Practice critical thinking and ask questions